Friday, May 26, 2017

Final Reflection

The three most important things I've learned this year from this class is to learn time management, be open with your writing, and to just think creatively.

I think I will definitely remember those speeches we had done for the rest of my life. It was the greatest part of this class. Everyone had trust in everyone to share something close to their hearts. They shared their beliefs. That is what a class family looked like, being able to be so comfortable that we shared a little part of our memory.

The nicest thing someone in our class did for me was simply help me with what I was confused on. It may be small or big, but they helped me get a good grade. Without those people who've helped me, I would probably be struggling with my grades at the moment.

I'm not sure I taught my teacher or my classmates anything this year. I want to believe that I taught them that everything does get better. I want to believe that I taught them to just care for one another even if we don't know them that well.

The area that I feel I made the biggest improvement would have to be putting my thoughts really into my writing. I'm sure my writing has progressed with my words and actual thoughts without tweaking it. I'm proud of that mostly.

The most challenging part was to write about something without including with my own opinions.

The best piece of writing I've done all year was my speech. It's the best because it was real. All my writing were real, but my speech was full of emotions and what I went through. To me and possibly others, my speech was sometinhg special. It was the best because it had a moral to it. It had something that people should remember. My classmates and my teachers now knows what I've been through and see how I am now. It truly does get better. I got better.

My favorite I've read was probably Mockingbird (mok'ing-bûrd) because I related to it. This little girl, Caitlin, had lost her older brother to a school shooter. She's a ten year old with Asperger syndrome (AD). Caitlin wants to help herself and her father but she can't do that if she doesn't know what to do. After the shooting, she now has therapy to help her talk about it. Well, to help her talk at all. It doesn't work though. She wants to help herself, she just wants guidance. Later on, she finds her answer and helps her father also. Her answer was closure.

The advice I would give to the students that are coming next year would be to just be yourself and do not lie Mrs. Larson. Also, to just do your best. It is the last year of middle school, don't give up on it. You'll end up regretting it.



No comments:

Post a Comment