Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Book Talk

The nonfiction book I'm currently reading is called, "A Child Called It" by Dave Pelzer.

The book is about a little boy who grows up in a home where he was loved, cared for, and happy with his family. In a matter of seconds, that all went down the drain when his mother had a change of heart. She abused him. She would starve him. She did all these things to a little boy, who was her own. This all took place in their home, in which it became, HER home.
David is the main character, the author is the main character.
A struggle he had to overcome was everything. He had to overcome anything his mother did, he had to show nothing about what he felt because she wouldn't care. He had to overcome his fear, his starvation, his suffering. This book is saddening - it hurts my heart, I dislike it. I would say the theme of the book is patience that just because you're suffering now doesn't mean you're going to suffer forever - there will be a time where an "angel" will be sent to you and save you. David, he was thrown all these obstacles and he found out things about himself that he never knew he was capable of doing.

Even though this book hurts a my heart, I love this book. It is now in my top 5 favorite books. I like this book due to it being real and having a before/after thing coming up. I would literally recommend this book to anyone who has been abused or anyone that is abusing others. The reason for showing someone who abuses others is for them to look on how it destroys someone emotionally, physically, and mentally. If they still had humanity in them, they would rethink their choices of hurting others. The reason of showing those who have been abused is for them having some hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment